Monday, November 10, 2008

Gotcha Day- Day 5







We have our baby girl and we could not be more thrilled. Here is how it went down.....we walked as a group to the provincial office in Zhegzhou to pick up the babies and one by one they called the families in, we were they 4th family.....I could see her in the room all dressed in pink and she was so much more beautiful than I ever imagined. A family ahead of us was adopting a 12 year old who was so excited to be adopted she was abandoned at 10 and she really wanted a family, it was very moving. We were all crying and just estactic at the same time. To say we are in love with this little one is not even close. She is a very special little girl, she is healthy and happy and so loving within seconds she was kissing our cheeks. She recognized us from the book we sent and we were saying through the tears " I am your Mama, I am you BaBa, I am your brother and I love you" in chinese of course. We are so happy have to go do paperwork now. Here is a pic or two. Please ignore spelling errors, I am trying to hurry.

3 comments:

Bill and Midge said...

Hi Shay & Jim - we found your blog through the adoptzhengzhou yahoo group. I have actually heard about your family for months from my cousin Jane Merritt. (anchor pools, Easley SC) Your daughter is beautiful! We are adopting a 2 year old girl from Luohe - should be traveling in a few weeks. Got our LOA 10-31 - waiting for travel. You are in a group with our friends, Pete & Catherine Rogers. Give them a hug for us and enjoy your precious daugher.

MississippiZen said...

Sending you many many congratulations! I am SO happy to see little "Sophie" with her family!

She holds a special place in my heart after watching her through the foster care program.

Can't wait to follow the rest of your trip and see her blossom with her new mommy and daddy and big brother!

Margie

Anonymous said...

Hey Shay, Jimmy& Zach--How wonderful! I am so excited for her and ya'll both! She is coming into a wonderful family! She looks like she knows you and looks at you with love! I can't wait to meet her!! Tiffany