Friday, November 7, 2008

Day 2

We lost a day somewhere, it is Friday night here already and we are promptly going to bed as soon as I finish this post. Tired does not fully describe how we all feel but we had a great day. Our guides Barbara and George were awesome! We went to the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, a great Authentic Chinese lunch and a traditional Hutoung where we had a tour of a common Chinese home, it was really neat. We also rode in Rickshaws and left a very bad tip to the driver because I can not seem to figure out the conversion from US dollars to RMB. We also saw lots of beautiful Children today and got to now some great families from our group. Kelly and I used a squaty potty which was UHH....interesting, and we saw lots of babies with thier butts hanging outof thier little split pants. So many things about China are different but people are the same wherever you go, hey thats a line from a song, I'm delerious ......here are some pics. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Andy and Amy said...

Shay,

It helped me to think of one hundred RMB ~ $15. This helped me alot as I had the same trouble. Of course Andy had a conversion tool on his Blackberry. Have a wonderful trip...can't wait to see Aubrey in your arms!!

Love,

Amy