Thursday, June 19, 2008

Good, Bad, Ugly

I'm having trouble getting into this blogging every day of my life thing. I love the idea, if fact I love blogs. I am addicted to them. I have a few yahoo groups I can not live without (if that counts as blogging)...they are all China adoption related of course. But I dare not admit how much time I spend checking them....you might be shocked. I was likewise addicted to fertility blogs before we began our journey to our daughter in China. I followed one called "the naked ovary" for YEARS.....she finally ended up adopting a beautiful baby girl from guess where????? CHINA. Now I think I heard she is pregnant. Talk about a master blogger, it was an engaging blog. I guess my fear is that I will not have anything witty or interesting to say. But this blogging thing is supposed to be cathartic right? Well I have found that to be true. In as little as I have posted so far I do feel better just getting things out there and off of my mind. It is a self fulfilling prophecy whatever that is supposed to mean just always wanted to use that in a sentence. So what is good bad and ugly about this post? Well the good thing is I am feeling better, I had a tough time last week. But, I have a renewed outlook and I am looking forward to seeing if we will get a match next month, or the next, or the next. Ok, that leads to the bad and the ugly....our agency did not match any children off of the shared list this month. They got an individual agency list with 25 children, mostly boys...so matches where made from that list, but the BIG list that is online that many agencies view had a bunch of children added last week and for some unknown reason our agency was unable to lock in any files for it's waiting families. Don't have a clue why, I could speculate but I won't. They did say that most of the children added this month were older boys and girls and children with more significant special needs and they didn't find any files that matched the waiting families profiles. I am trying not to make assumptions as to what this means for our wait. We'll just have to get through it one day at a time. Ok, back to the good...I bought some more baby clothes this week....I recently read that if we are expecting a child 12-18 months old, she will likely wear 9 to 12 month clothes. This means that all the stuff I have been buying (not alot) will be too small:) She will still look very much like a baby to me!

No comments: