Tuesday, June 10, 2008

So fast all the sudden!

Well, suddenly it seems that our adoption process is moving along. I haven't even shared this blog with friends and family, nor have I posted much because I thought we still had a long wait ahead. And lately I have gotten really good at procrastinating! Well that has all changed!! In the last couple of months the waiting child program that we are a part of has had a lot of changes. Agencies from around the world are now part of an online system where children with Special Needs are added regularly to the list. Once they are added, adoption agencies can view files electonically and lock in files for thier families to view. It has sped up the process and.....long story short we are expecting a call about our baby girl any time now!!! So how do I feel about that? Excited, freaked out, scared to death, excited some more, paralizingly petrified and in general very emotional....I go back and forth. This is sort of like a long pregnancy (like as long as an elephants' pregnancy) where in the end instead of going to the hospital, you get on a big plane and go to China. Instead of 24 hours of labor you have 24 hours of your butt falling asleep in a cramped airplane seat. Intead of giving birth to a precious baby you give birth to a giant stack of papers called a dossier, instead of the nurses handing you a swadled newborn an orpahange director hands you a crying toddler wearing multiple layers of clothing even though its summer time. Instead of giving life to a baby that looks like you, you are giving "a life" to a child who looks just like her beautiful unique self and diserves so much more out of life than what she has had so far, and you get to be the lucky one to give it to her. The best part of all is that whether you give birth to a child or give a home and a family to a child that does not have one, the love that goes both ways is the same. Can you see how it could be equally rewarding? I can.

My next post will be pictures of the progress I have made on our baby's nursery. I think it is very cute....we do not have much stuff for her yet because we don't know how big she'll be. As soon as we find out I will post information here. I'm hoping someone will give me a shower!! By the way our Daughters name will be Aubree or Aubrey haven't decided on the spelling. The middle name is still questionable, right now it is Meilin or Mei Lin :)

No comments: